Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Little About Me

I might be making this up, but I think it’s traditional to start a blog with some background.

For those of you who may not know me (or know me very well), I’m currently a fourth-year physics and music student at Berkeley. I do research in the Space Sciences Laboratory on magnetic reconnection in the Earth’s atmosphere, I play Mellophone (F horn) in the Cal Band and I live in a big house near campus with many other bandsmen. I also do a little political stuff as an editor of the Berkeley Political Review.

I'm a nerd and in my spare time I like to play board games, when I can; not that Parker Brothers/Milton Bradley stuff, but more obscure fare such as Citadels, Power Grid, and Puerto Rico. A few of my friends and I have been accumulating a now-pretty-eclectic collection of these “Eurogames,” as they’re called, and we play them on a pretty regular basis.

I also enjoy Flash games, the type you may find on such websites as Kongregate or Newgrounds. I generally play them because they theoretically take less time to play than “real” computer games, but I often end up needing to block those websites during midterm/finals season after spending entirely too much time on them.

I like good movies and follow a few funny sketch comedy groups on Youtube, and I have an on-and-off interest in the humor/etc website ytmnd.com, where pretty much anyone can make something amusing if they have a good idea and a little time.

I get out sometimes too, and enjoy heading out to parties or the local bars when I can. Right now I’m in a relationship with a nice girl who likes me pretty well.

I'll probably be talking about interesting stuff in life and media I hear about or come across it. If I stick with this, I hope to provide some good material from time to time. Wish me luck!

--D Ham

No comments:

Post a Comment